Tuesday, 11 November 2014

Magazine Titles

I have to start thinking of possible titles for my future magazine. Since the theme of the magazine is my school, I want to try and make the title centered around school and the future. However, I think that school-related titles will put readers off. It might be better to use shorter, unrelated titles.

The Common Room

This title is named after the entrance room in our building, and it is where everyone meets up. It is the most communal room in the building, and it's appropriate since the magazine is centered around school, so I hope that I can get multiple students in the building to cooperate with me and be included in the magazine. If I use this title, I would like to also be able to use a wide variety of colours for the colour scheme as our the common room is very colourful. Another thing about making the magazine based on the sixth form/college is that I will be able to make a better fashion page than just lower education schools, since there is no uniform in this building.

Keeping Up with Key Stage 4

If I use this title, then my magazine would have to be aimed at year 9's who are transitioning into year 10, and beginning Key Stage 4. The magazine would be based around giving advice on how to make sure the readers can get the most out of their GCSEs. Along with this, there will be advice on other things related to teenage life, such as struggling with friendships and relationships. Alternatively can be used as the title of a cover story.

Up

A shorter version of the previous one. However, since it is so short, the title can have many meanings behind it, so this one is really effective. Since the magazine is school-based, using a magazine with this title will probably mean the magazine is about achieving academically, so it would most likely mean the magazine will include revision tips. 





No comments:

Post a Comment