Monday, 1 December 2014

Making Magazine Practice pt.3




















So after some practice, I've decided that the picture of the first student I used was not going to work for my magazine, as the clothing and colours could not work. The colours were too similar or too different and I found it unappealing, so instead I decided to use a different student. Her clothing was much more better suited to my front cover ideas. Her red jumper was bright and also contributed to my idea of the general colour scheme of the magazine. In the bottom right, I used some pictures of one of my model friends, Sonam, and miraculously managed to edit them on Photoshop to make them transparent so that there isn't any white around the pictures to cover the main medium shot cover picture. Transparency also allows more than one picture of the model to be used and can also be overlapping slightly just to save some space. Her pictures take up more space on the cover and also make it eye catching. Sonam acts as the fashion model so that readers will know to expect fashion in the magazine, even if it school fashion. A white outline has been given to Sonam's pictures to make it look more professional. I've seen magazines such as Vogue giving their models white outlines, and I believe this would make it more visually appealing rather than just making them overlap with no outline.

The idea to have fashion in the magazine was drawn from the lack of school uniform from year 12 onwards. It was also drawn from the Phoenix magazine for King Edward VI High School for Girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment