Wednesday, 17 December 2014

Assessment of Preliminary Task

Overall, I feel like my magazine could have been much better if I had better time management. My poor time management is what stopped me from developing my skills on Photoshop and InDesign. However, my poor time management is my fault. I was partly lazy, but it was mostly due to the fact that I do not have access to Photoshop and InDesign at home, so I am only able to do the practical work in the sixth form. In my next task, I should spend more time after school working on my magazine as that is the only way to still have access to those programs after school.
I do believe my creative skills are improving, but I also think that having more inspiration could help. I did not have much inspiration for the magazine and that caused my contents page to be very plain. However, I am actually quite proud of my front cover, and I am proud that I was able to make some images transparent and incorporate them into my front cover. Making images transparent is definitely a skill I will be using in the future.
Another problem is that I think I am unable to backup my decisions very well since I do not know many specialist terms, so my blog lacks quality. Not only that, but my blog also has no sense of journey, so it does not feel like I am developing in my skills, and this is also made more obvious with the poor time management skills and large time gaps between blog entries.


No comments:

Post a Comment